We are a team with passion of outdoor activity and we are happy to talk to you.
Mount Sumbing which sits at 3,371 meter above the sea level is the second highest volcano in Central Java. The mountain is considered as active volcanoes, whereby its peak consists of an 800 m wide crater which offers an amazing landscape a hillside of white rocks, steaming sulphur gases, bubbling water and mud pools and rivers of Sulphur – a view that you can enjoy from short distance upon summiting. Hikers can also enjoy a beautiful savanna and small sea of sand which located not far from the crater. This could be one good option for those who are looking for an easy to moderate volcano adventure and explore the hidden paradise of Central Java, Indonesia.
Yogyakarta International Airport
• We will pick you up at Yogyakarta airport or at your hotel in Yogyakarta in the morning then depart to Garung or Kali Angkrik village, the entry point of Mt Sumbing approximately 4 hours drive
• Lunch en-route
• From base camp then transfer to the gate of Mt Sumbing, 30 minutes – off road – motor cycle ride
• Start trekking to Pestan campsite (2,437m), approximately 4 hours
• Overnight camping
• Meals L, D
• Early wake up at 3 AM, light breakfast then start summit to the top of Mt Sumbing (approximately 3 hours)
• After summit then back to Pestan campsite
• Brunch then trek down to post I, continue with motor cycle ride to base camp
• Lunch at the basecamp, afterward we will transfer you back to Yogyakarta (4 hours drive), ETA Yogyakarta 9 PM
• Dinner en-route
• Meals: B, L , D