We are a team with passion of outdoor activity and we are happy to talk to you.
Mount Sumbing which sits at 3,371 meter above the sea level is the second highest volcano in Central Java. The mountain is considered as active volcanoes, whereby its peak consists of an 800 m wide crater which offers an amazing landscape a hillside of white rocks, steaming sulphur gases, bubbling water and mud pools and rivers of Sulphur – a view that you can enjoy from short distance upon summiting. Hikers can also enjoy a beautiful savanna and small sea of sand which located not far from the crater. This could be one good option for those who are looking for an easy to moderate volcano adventure and explore the hidden paradise of Central Java, Indonesia.
Yogyakarta International Airport
• We will pick you up at Yogyakarta airport or at your hotel in Yogyakarta in the morning then depart to Garung or Kali Angkrik village, the entry point of Mt Sumbing approximately 4 hours drive
• Lunch en-route
• From base camp then transfer to the gate of Mt Sumbing, 30 minutes – off-road – motorcycle ride
• Start trekking to the sunrise campsite (2,437m), approximately 4 hours
• Overnight camping
• Meals: Lunch and dinner
• Early wake up at 3 AM, light breakfast then start summit to the top of Mt Sumbing (approximately 3 hours)
• After summit then back to Sunrise campsite
• Brunch then trek down to post I, continue with a motorcycle ride to base camp
• Lunch at the basecamp, afterward we will transfer you back to your hotel in Yogyakarta (4 hours drive), ETA Yogyakarta 9 PM
• Meals: Breakfast and lunch. For flexibility, dinner will be at your own expense