We are a team with passion of outdoor activity and we are happy to talk to you.
Gede Pangrango National Park is the nearest 3,000 meters volcanic peak from the capital of Indonesia, Jakarta. It has the twin peaks of Mount Gede and Mount Pangrango which overlooks the outskirt of Jakarta and offers an accessible hike for taste of volcano adventure. During normal traffic it takes two and half hours to reach the park information center at Cibodas, Cianjur district, West Java Province.
As it located near Jakarta, this volcano is one of the most favorite weekend getaways or hiking adventure for outdoor enthusiasts who’re living in Jakarta. And for those who’re living in Singapore it is only two hours flight from Changi airport to Soekarno Hatta international airport, plus additional three hours drive to the entry point of national park.
The 10 kilometer trail from Cibodas entry point to the top of Mount Gede offers a various nature attractions for the weekenders, from beautiful rainforest, blue lake, water fall, hot spring, the amazing crater and to alpine meadow Suryakencana.
During a clear weather sunrise from the top of Mount Gede is beautiful, from blue sky to red and then amazing sunlight appeared above the crater, you will not regret it, you will not forget it, definitely worth hiking up for.
There are other gates in Selabintana, Sukabumi District and also Gunung Putri in Cipanas district which can be reached from Jakarta around 3hours drive. The same amount of time is also needed when visitor travel from Bandung, the capital of West Java Province.
The park is on of the oldest nature preserve area in Indonesia. Starting around 1819 when the kolonial Dutch goverment considering to build a botanical garden at the foot of the mountains in Cibodas. Many natural scientist had climbed the twin peaks, among other Junghun whom introduced quinine plant to the Archipelago.
There are various trek route which enable visitor to traverse from Cibodas to Gunung Putri or Selabintana, vice versa. It will take around 7-8 hours hike for the average speed.
• We will pick you up at agreed meeting point in Jakarta at 5 AM, then drive to the GedePangrango National Park office for final registration and getting “health certificate” at National Park’s clinic, estimated driving time 3 hours
• After that transfer to the entry point of Mount Gede, at GunungPutri entry point where we’ll take the first, easy stroll of the journey.
• From GunungPutri gate (altitude: 1,200m) , the track climbs steadily through agricultural land, protected forest and into the National Park. We will continue trekking until Surya Kencana meadow (Altitude: 2,750m) – the edelweiss field.
• Total trekking distance 8.5 km
• Estimated trekking time 6-7 hours at average speed
• Altitude gain 1,550m
• Lunch will be served at post 3 – Dinner and overnight at Suryakencana campsite
If you want to enjoy the glorious sunrise from the top of Mount Gede, then we’ll need to leave the campsite at 4 am to summit for sunrise view. Hot drink and snack will be provided.
• Trekking distance to the top of Mt Gede: 2 km
• Estimated trekking time 1 hour
• Altitude gain 208m
But if you want to embrace a fabulous scenery of morning mist at Surya Kencana meadow then take your time, we’ll summit Mount Gede after breakfast.
Afterwards we’ll be descending down to the entry point of the mountain. There will be two route options:
• Take the same route as we climbed up – trekking distance 8.5 km from Surya Kencana campsite, lunch on our way down
• Take Cibodas route, trekking distance 10 km from the top of Mt Gede, this route will be passing hot springs. Estimated trekking time 7 hours. Lunch will be served on our way down
• Transfer back to Jakarta, end of service.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.