We are a team with passion of outdoor activity and we are happy to talk to you.
Gede Pangrango National Park is the nearest 3,000 meters volcanic peak from the capital of Indonesia, Jakarta. It has the twin peaks of Mount Gede and Mount Pangrango which overlooks the outskirt of Jakarta and offers an accessible hike for taste of volcano adventure. During normal traffic it takes two and half hours to reach the park information center at Cibodas, Cianjur district, West Java Province.
As it located near Jakarta, this volcano is one of the most favorite weekend getaways or hiking adventure for outdoor enthusiasts who’re living in Jakarta. And for those who’re living in Singapore it is only two hours flight from Changi airport to Soekarno Hatta international airport, plus additional three hours drive to the entry point of national park.
The 10 kilometer trail from Cibodas entry point to the top of Mount Gede offers a various nature attractions for the weekenders, from beautiful rainforest, blue lake, water fall, hot spring, the amazing crater and to alpine meadow Suryakencana.
During a clear weather sunrise from the top of Mount Gede is beautiful, from blue sky to red and then amazing sunlight appeared above the crater, you will not regret it, you will not forget it, definitely worth hiking up for.
There are other gates in Selabintana, Sukabumi District and also Gunung Putri in Cipanas district which can be reached from Jakarta around 3hours drive. The same amount of time is also needed when visitor travel from Bandung, the capital of West Java Province.
The park is on of the oldest nature preserve area in Indonesia. Starting around 1819 when the kolonial Dutch goverment considering to build a botanical garden at the foot of the mountains in Cibodas. Many natural scientist had climbed the twin peaks, among other Junghun whom introduced quinine plant to the Archipelago.
There are various trek route which enable visitor to traverse from Cibodas to Gunung Putri or Selabintana, vice versa. It will take around 7-8 hours hike for the average speed.
– 430 AM – We will pick you up in Jakarta, or meet our crew at Sentul rest area KM 35 at 530 AM
– Transfer to Mt Gede Pangrango National Park office for final registration and getting “health certificate” at National Park’s clinic (2-3 hours drive)
– Transfer to Gunung Putri entry point
– Start hiking to Suryakencana alpine meadow, the Eidelweis field (Altitude: 2,750m)
– Total trekking distance 8.5 km or 6-7 hours at average speed
– Altitude gain 1,550m
– Lunch will be served at post 3 – Dinner and overnight at Suryakencana campsite
– Early wake up at 330 AM for Summit bid and see the sunrise.
– Trekking distance to the top of Mt Gede: 2 km or 1 hour hike
– Altitude gain 208m
– But if you want to embrace a fabulous scenery of morning mist at Surya Kencana meadow then take your time, we’ll summit Mount Gede after breakfast.
– Afterwards we’ll be descending down to the entry point of the mountain.
– Transfer back to Jakarta, end of service.