We are a team with passion of outdoor activity and we are happy to talk to you.
Mount Raung is one of the most active volcanoes on the island of Java, Indonesia. Located in the province of East Java, the mountain has 2-kilometer-wide and 300 m -deep caldera surrounded by a grayish rim. The highest peak of Mt Raung, stands at 3,344m above sea level, it offers the most challenging trail as compared to other mountains in Java. During summit attack, climber will need to wear rock climbing safety equipment, climb with moving together system through a thin crater rim and rocky ridge, to enjoy the magnificent view of Mount Raung caldera. The climb up to the highest peak of Mount Raung will take 3 days 2 nights.
Surabaya / Kalibaru / Banyuwangi
• We will pick you up at Blimbingsari, Banyuwangi airport then depart to Kalibaru village, 2 hoursdrive to the entry point of Mt Raung
• Quick stop in Kalibaru to obtain health certificate in local clinic
• Transfer to Mt Raung basecamp
• Overnight at the basecamp *note: basecamp only provide basic facilities but it’s free of charge, and located close to the entry point of Mt Raung. Hotels are available near the Kalibaru train station, price starting IDR 250,000 (at your own expense)
• Meals L, D ( Dinner is included if you’re staying at the basecamp)
• Breakfast at 7 am, then transfer to the entry point of Mt Raung, 45 minutes of motor cycle ride
• Start trekking to camp 7 campsite (Altitude: 2,541), it takes approximately 7-8 hours hike with an average pace, lunch break at camp 4
• Overnight camping at camp 7
• Meals B, L, D, snacks
• Early wakeup at 1 am
• Light breakfast before summit attack
• Summit Mt Raung approximately takes 4 hours. After summit then going back to camp 7.
• Brunch then trek down to basecamp ETA at the basecamp at around 7 pm
• Dinner, afterward we will transfer you back to your hotel in Banyuwangi, end of service.
• Meals: B L, D, snacks