We are a team with passion of outdoor activity and we are happy to talk to you.
Situated in East Java, the twin mountains of Mt Arjuno and Mt Welirang are located in Tretes, about 50 kilometers South of Surabaya, and 20 kilometers North of Malang. The massive Arjuno Welirang mountain range is one of the finest hikes in East Java which offer 4 peaks over 3,000m from the active Welirang in the west to the long dormant Arjuna in the East. There’s a range of ecology, volcanology, and history to explore over a number of peaks and craters.
Arjuno, whose name derives from the most flamboyant character from the Mahabarata, stands 3,339 meters above the sea level, Mt Arjuno is the second highest peak in East java, is also the highest point of the enormous Arjuno-Welirang mountain range. Arjuno is a dormant volcano, and the lower Welirang peak 3,156m- although shorter than the sister mountain, but considered more popular among hikers, due to the active crater with abundance Sulphur deposit and today still mined by the local Sulphur’s miner.
Surabaya / Malang
– We will pick you up at the agreed meeting point in Surabaya/Malang at 7 AM, then transfer to Mt Arjuno basecamp in Tretes
– Start hiking to reach Pondokan campsite ( 6-7 hours hike)
– Lunch en-route
– Dinner and overnight camping at Pondokan campsite
– Early wake up at 3 AM, start hiking to reach Welirang summit by sunrise, snacks and hot drink are provided
– Reach Welirang summit before sunrise
– Explore the summit area then head back to Pondokan campsite
– Explore Pondokan – sulphur miner camp
– Dinner and camping at Pondokan campsite
– Early wakeup at 3 AM, start hiking the Arjuno summit by sunrise
– Reach Arjuno summit before sunrise, explore the summit area
– Head back to Pondokan campsite
– Brunch then descend down to Tretes trailhead
– Arrive at Tretes basecamp
– Transfer back to Surabaya or Malang
– End of trip