We are a team with passion of outdoor activity and we are happy to talk to you.
Mount Merbabu is a dormant stratovolcano in Central Java, widely considered one of Java’s beautiful mountains with the spectacular views from the summit and many other mountains visible from the peak. The best time to view this otherworldly scene is sunrise. The dormant stratovolcano is nestled in the regencies of Magelang, Boyolali and Semarang. Hikers usually spend one to two days marveling at the sunrise and the savanna. But hiker with good physical fitness can summit Mount Merbabu for night sunrise hike or even one day trail run to the top of Mountain. This hike is suitable for those seeking a short and easy volcano adventure; the path to the summit is well-marked and the summit offers excellent panoramic views. Merbabu’s trekking distance is 14 km- round trip, with elevation gain 2,108m.
Surakarta or Yogyakarta Airport
• Pick up service at Surakarta or Yogyakarta airport
• Transfer to Selo, the entry point of Mount Merbabu
• Overnight at local homestay in Selo
• Meal : Dinner
• After breakfast then transfer to the entry point of Mt Merbabu, 15 minutes motor cycles ride
• Start trekking to savanna I, approximately 3 hours trekking, lunch break at Savanna I
• Trekking to Savanna 2 (2,700 masl) approximately 3 hours
• Dinner and overnight camping at Savanna 2
• Meals B, L, D
• Early wakeup at 3 AM
• Light breakfast before summit attack
• Summit Mt Merbabu approximately takes 1.5 hours. After summit then trek down to Savanna 2 .
• Brunch then trek down to basecamp
• Transfer back to Surakarta or Yogyakarta
• Meals: B L
• End of service