We are a team with passion of outdoor activity and we are happy to talk to you.
Mount Semeru is the most popular volcanoes in Java island, located in the heart of Indonesia’s Ring of Fire. Mount Semeru (3,676 m) is the highest summit in Java. The mountain offers a good trail, a gorgeous savanna walk and a stunning campsite alongside the turquoise water and green hills of RanuKumbololake. From the highest point in Java, you will have a fantastic crater view with impressive live eruptions several times every hour. See the glimpse of the excursion at the Trip Gallery section of this document.
Malang City or Surabaya City
• We will pick you up at Surabaya airport, then depart to Malang (estimated driving time 4 hours)
• Quick stop in Tumpang to obtain health certificate in local clinic, then continue with 2 hours jeep ride to Ranupane village (2,100 asl) the entry point of Mt Semeru
• Overnight in a local homestay in Ranupane
• Start trekking to RanuKumbolo campsite (Altitude: 2,400m), it takes approximately 3 hours
• Lunch break in RanuKumbolo
• Start trekking to Kalimati campsite (altitude: 2,700m), approximately 2 hours
• Dinner at Kalimati campsite
• Stay overnight camping at Kalimati campsite
• Total trekking distance: 18 km approximately 5-6 hours
• Total elevation gain -/+ 600m
• Early wakeup at 00:00
• Light breakfast before summit attack
• Summit Mt Semeru approximately takes 4 hours, this would be the most challenging part in Semeru, the last 3 km from Kalimati campsite to the top of Mt Semeru with 976 meters of altitude gain. After summit then going back to Kalimati campsite, approximately 1-2 hours
• Brunch at Kalimati campsite
• Trek down to Ranupane, jeep ride to Tumpang, then transfer back to Surabaya, ETA in Surabaya at 8-9 pm
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.