Touching the roof of Java, experience the impressive live eruption every 10-15 minutes. Mount Semeru is the most popular volcanoes in Java island, located in the heart of Indonesia’s Ring of Fire. Mount Semeru (3,676 m) is the highest summit in Java. The mountain offers a good trail, a gorgeous savanna walk and a stunning campsite alongside the turquoise water and green hills of Ranu Kumbolo lake. From the highest point in Java, you will have a fantastic crater view with impressive live eruptions several times every hour. See the glimpse of the excursion at the Trip Gallery section of this document.
- A trip exploring the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park, Ranu Kumbolo lake and experience the impressive live eruption from the top of Java.
- Start/End: Surabaya International Airport or Malang Airport
- Duration: 4 days (including traveling day from the airport)
- Elevation 3,676m located in East Java, Indonesia.
- Trekking distance 36 km (round trip)
- Elevation gain from the entry point of Mt Semeru : 1,576m
- Accommodation: Homestay and camping.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Challenging
NOTE BEFORE HIKING MT SEMERU:
- The national park put a strict 600 people threshold per day to preserve the environment of Mount Semeru. Visitors are encouraged to confirm the booking way in advance to secure the spot. Depends on the season, the quota fill up fairly quickly starting from 3 months until 3 days in advance of the hiking day. Holidays and weekends are definitely the most booked days
- Furthermore, every hiker must present a health certificate/ fit to climb letter from a clinic or doctor during registration to prove they have an adequate level of fitness. In practice, this will be a simple medical checkup at local clinic that has to be conducted one day before hiking day.
- The National Park recommends the climb only until Kalimati campsite, thus the National Park insurance only cover until safe hiking zone in Kalimati. Climbers still allow to climb the peak of Mt Semeru but at their own risk.
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
Arrival day– Airport pickup service at Malang Airport, West Java and transfer to Tumpang, Malang then Ranu Pane, the entry point of Mt Semeru, stay overnight in a homestay in Ranu Pane. We will stop by at local clinic in Tumpang for medical checkup.
Day 1 – Trek to Kalimati campsite on Mt Semeru, overnight camping.
Day 2 – Summit Mount Semeru, back to Ranu Kumbolo overnight camping
Day 3 – Descend down to Ranupane then transfer back to Surabaya. End of Service.
PRICE: Price will be depending on number of people in group and meeting point location
Arrival day – Airport pickup at Abdurrahman Saleh Airport in Malang, transfer to Tumpang, medical checkup at local clinic, transfer to Ranu Pane, the entry point of Mt Semeru, stay overnight at local homestay.
Day 2 – After registration and mandatory briefing then we will start trekking to Kalimati Campsite.
Day 3 – Early wake up at 00.30 AM for summit Mount Semeru, back to Ranu Pane then transfer back to Malang airport. End of service.
Price will be depending on number of people in group and meeting point location.
- 4 days of HASSLE FREE ADVENTURE, which include 3 meals a day and afternoon snacks during trekking
- Simple medical checkup at local clinic (as required by Mt Semeru National Park)
- One bottle of 1,500ml of mineral water/day/person for trekking
- Roundtrip overland transfers from Malang airport or Surabaya Airport to Tumpang, Malang with private car.
- Round trip 4WD Jeep transfer from Tumpang to Ranu Pane the entry point of Mount Semeru
- One night homestay accommodation in Ranu Pane. Note: Homestay in Ranu Pane only provide modest facilities, meals will be cooked by local chef and it will be Indonesian food
- Mount Semeru entrance fees
- Standard first aid kit.
- Camping equipment, including comfortable tents, air mattress, lights, chairs and camping tables.
- Certified and English speaking mountain guides.
- Group Porter
- Insurance provided by National Park
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal equipment.
- Extra meals and drinks.
- Private porter which carry your personal equipment (Jacket, Camera, Tripod etc)
- Services not mentioned above.
WHAT TO BRING
- Small rucksack (10 liter capacity)
- Sleeping bag. Note we can provide only standard (not down -sub-zero -sleeping bag), however please note that in summer, temperature in Semeru, in the day is around 5 – 20 degree Celsius. At night, the temperature is usually below 5 degree Celsius, and it could drop to below zero degree Celsius especially towards the summit. If you need warmer sleeping bag, please bring your own.
- Long trouser
- Rain coat
- UV protector & Lip Balm
- Gloves and socks
- Trekking shoes
- Trekking pole
- Private medicine
- Passport and copy of passport