Journey to the highest mountain in Indonesia’s Spice Islands, Moluccas – Mount Binaiya 3,027m, one of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding mountain climbing expeditions in Indonesia
This is probably one of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding mountain climbs in Indonesia; it’s a tough trek that will stretch your endurance to the limits. Mount Binaiya is located in Manusela National Park on the island of Seram, and is known for the high number of endemic mammals and birds. It is also the last stronghold of several critically endangered animals and plants, including the Moluccan king parrot.
We’ll trek for five days through pristine forest, wade through crystal clear rivers and pass different types of vegetation, including a montane zone, which occupies almost one third of the park. Manusela’s plant life is fascinating, with mossy cloud forest and wind-stunted trees from 1,500 m. The opportunity to experience the unique Spice Islands from the Binaiya mountain trail is truly stunning
- Mount Binaiya is the highest peak in the Moluccas and is surrounded by the lush green forest of Manusela National Park.
- Start/End: Pattimura international Airport in Ambon, Moluccas.
- Duration: 8 days, including transfer from and to airport.
- Accommodation: Camping.
- Difficulty Level: Difficult.
Itinerary at a glance:
DAY 1 – Arrival day in Ambon, transfer to Masohi in Seram Island then to Piliana Village
DAY 2 – Piliana Village to Aimoto campsite at Mount Binaiya
DAY 3 – Trek to Isilali campsite at Mount Binaiya
DAY 4 – Trek to Waifuku campsite
DAY 5 – Summit Mt Binaiya, then back to Aimoto campsite
DAY 6 – Decend down to Piliana Village
DAY 7 – One spare day
DAY 8 – Transfer back to Masohi then Ambon. End of trip
Price will be depending on a number of people in a group
- 8 days of HASSLE FREE ADVENTURE
- Meals and snacks
- Fit for climb’s doctor statement as required by the National Park, this is a simple medical check.
- Round-trip fast ferry ride between Ambon and Seram Island
- Round-trip overland transfers between Masohi – Sounulu and Piliana
- Airport transfers in Ambon
- One night hotel accommodation in Masohi
- English-speaking and certified mountain guide
- Entrance fee and trekking permit to National Park.
- Porter services
- Camping equipment including comfortable tents, mattress, sleeping bags, lights, hairs and camping table
- Standard first aid kit
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Services not mentioned above
- Personal equipment
- Private porter to carry your belonging, eg your jacket, camera, tripod
- Extra meals and drinks
WHAT TO BRING:
- Small rucksack (25 liter capacity)
- Sleeping bag. Note we can provide only standard (not down -sub-zero -sleeping bag). If you need warmer sleeping bag, please bring your own.
- Long trouser
- Rain coat
- UV protector & Lip Balm
- Gloves and socks
- Trekking shoes
- Trekking pole
- Private medicine
- Passport and copy of passport