West Java Volcano Adventure
Featured Volcanoes: Mt Gede – Mt Ciremai
Start/End: Jakarta or Bandung
Nearest international airport: Soekarno Hatta International airport
Duration: 4 days
Accommodation: Camping, Lodge
|2 pax||4 pax||6 pax|
|USD $ 535||USD $ 450||USD $ 400|
- Mount Gede 2,958m is one of the most prominent volcanoes in West Java. Experience dense rainforest, a wonderful campsite at the Edelweiss (Anaphalis Javanica) field of Suryakencana with stunning mountain range surrounding the meadow, and amazing crater and sunrise view from the top of Mount Gede.
- Mt Ciremai 3,078m is a symmetrical stratovolcano, with 5 km wide caldera at the summit. The latest volcanic eruption took place in 1937. With an altitude of 3,078 m, it is the highest mountain of Western Java, The trek of Mt Ciremai will be a combination of beautiful rainforest and volcanic loose stone rock. Overall this would be a challenging hike with an awesome scenery both at the top and along the hike.
Itinerary at a glance :
Day 1 – Pick up service at your hotel in Jakarta and transfer to Mt Gede entry point, then start trekking to Savanna Alun-Alun Suryakencana, overnight camping.
Day 2 – Summit Mt Gede, descend down to Cibodas then transfer to Linggasana at the base of Mount Ciremai, overnight lodge/hotel.
Day 3 – Hike to Pos 3 of Mt Ciremai, overnight camping.
Day 4 – Summit Mt Ciremai, descend down to basecamp, drive back to Jakarta, end of trip
- 4 days of HASSLE FREE adventure, which includes 3 meals a day and afternoon snacks during trekking
- All overland transfers from the starting point to finish point of the adventure package
- All entrance fees to National Park
- Fit for climb’s doctor statement as required by the National Park, this is a simple medical check
- Standard first aid
- Camping equipment including tents, air mattresses, sleeping bags, lightings, chairs and camping tables
- English-speaking guide
- Porter service
- Cooking utensils
- Basic toilet tent
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Service that not mentioned above
- Personal equipment
- Extra meals and drinks