Mount Tambora, the highest peak on the island of Sumbawa, is one of the most beautiful mountains in Indonesia. On April 10, 1815, Mount Tambora erupted for the first time in about 5000 years, with a series of large explosions sending a massive column of volcanic cloud into the air. That event is the largest eruption in recorded history and it left behind a crater 6 km in diameter. The Mount Tambora trail will take you deep into the heart of Sumbawa, one of Indonesia’s least visited islands, with breathtaking experiences for the adventurous trekker.Enjoy a five day excursion with fully supported camping, as you trek through lush jungle landscapes on your ascent to Mount Tambora, and witness spectacular views of the enormous crater from the top of mountain.
- Explore the highest peak on the island of Sumbawa and witness the spectacular views of the enormous crater from the top of Mountain.
- Start/End: Muhammad Salahudin Airport, Bima, Sumbawa.
- Duration: 5 days, including transfer from and to airport.
- Accommodation: Homestay, camping.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to difficult.
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE :
Day 1 Arrive in Bima and transfer to Doropeti Village ( a drive of four hours), overnight local homestay
Day 2 Hike to Majun Dara campsite on Mount Tambora, overnight camping.
Day 3 Hike to Camp 4 on Mount Tambora, overnight camping
Day 4 Summit Mt Tambora, descend to Pancasila Village, overnight homestay
Day 5 Transfer to Bima airport. End of trip.
- Five days of HASSLE FREE adventure
- Meals and snacks
- Overland transfers from the start to the endpoint of your adventure.
- National park entrance fees.* (Please note that national parks charge higher entrance fees for foreign visitors. The trip costs will therefore be raised accordingly for our non-Indonesian guests.
- Standard first aid kit.
- Camping equipment, including comfortable tents, dining tent, air mattress, sleeping bags, lights, chairs and camping tables.
- English-speaking and certified mountain guides.
- Two nights accommodation at local homestay
- Porter services.
- Basic toilet tent.
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Services not mentioned above
- Personal equipment
- Extra meals and drinks
This trip can be fully customized. We can also arrange trips for larger groups and can tailor them to your needs. If you are looking for a different destination or wish to create your own adventure, we would be more than happy to arrange a private, customized itinerary for you. So please do contact us with your inquiries at email@example.com or WhatsApp +6281219592895