MOUNT RAUNG 3,344 masl.
Mount Raung is one of the most active volcanoes on the island of Java, Indonesia. Located in East Java, the mountain has a 2km-wide, 300m-deep caldera with steep, narrow scree-covered walls and sheer drops either side. Mount Raung’s highest peak stands at 3,344 m above sea level, and is the most challenging of all Java’s mountain trails. For the summit attack, climbers will use rock climbing safety equipment and be roped up to move around the thin crater rim and rocky ridge. Your reward is a magnificent view of the stunning caldera.
- The most challenging of all Java’s mountain trails.
- Start/End: Blimbingsari Airport in Banyuwangi, East Java.
- Duration: 3 days, including transfer from and to airport.
- Accommodation: Camping.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to difficult.
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE 5D4N :
Day 1 – Arrival day, pick up service from Banyuwangi Airport or Kalibaru Station, then trekking to camp 3
Day 2 – Trekking to camp 7 on Mount Raung
Day 3 – Summit the highest peak of Mount Raung, descend down to basecamp, transfer to Banyuwangi, end of trip.
- 3 days of HASSLE FREE adventure
- Meals and snacks
- Overland transfers from the start to endpoint of your adventure
- Trekking permit. * (Please note that national parks charge higher entrance fees for foreign visitors. The trip costs will therefore be raised accordingly for our non-Indonesian guests.
- English-speaking and certified mountain guide
- Porter services
- Camping equipment including comfortable tents, dining tent, mattress, sleeping bags, lights, chairs and camping tables
- Climbing equipment, including rope, harness, helmet, carabiner, descender
- Standard first aid kit
- Basic toilet tent
TRIP EXCLUDES :
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Services not mentioned above
- Personal equipment
- Extra meals and drinks
This trip can be fully customized. We can also arrange trips for larger groups and can tailor them to your needs. If you are looking for a different destination or wish to create your own adventure, we would be more than happy to arrange a private, customized itinerary for you. So please do contact us with your inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp +6281219592895
Level of Difficulty: Moderate to difficult