MOUNT KERINCI 3805m
The active stratovolcano Mount Kerinci is Sumatra’s highest peak and Indonesia’s highest volcano. It lies at the heart of the Kerinci Seblat National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is home to healthy populations of elephants, bears, tapirs, clouded leopards, gibbons, and the endangered Sumatran tiger. The mountain is a popular destination in Sumatra, and is perfect for the adventurous hiker as it offers challenging terrain and stunning views from the summit. We will take the remote and tranquil southern Solok Selatan route, a newer path to the mountain through pristine tropical rainforest.
- Hike deep into the Kerinci Seblat National Park, with breathtaking sunrises over fields of clouds, and the thrill of trekking in tiger country.
- Start/End: Minangkabau International Airport, Padang, West Sumatra.
- Duration: 6 days, including transfers from and to airport.
- Accommodation: Homestay, camping.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate.
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE :
- Day 1 – Arrive in Padang, West Sumatera and transfer to Padang Aro, Solok Selatan
- Day 2 – Hike to Camp Prapto on Mount Kerinci
- Day 3 – Hike to Camp Kapas on Mount Kerinci
- Day 4 – Early wake up for summit attack then descend down to camp Prapto
- Day 5 – Descend down to Basecamp
- Day 6 – Transfer back to Padang. End of trip
- Six days of HASSLE FREE adventure, which include all meals during trekking and afternoon snack
- Roundtrip overland transfers Padang International Airport – Padang Aro
- National park trekking permit .* (Please note that national parks charge higher entrance fees for foreign visitors. The trip costs will therefore be raised accordingly for our non-Indonesian guests.
- English-speaking and certified mountain guide
- Porter service
- Camping equipment including comfortable tents, mattresses, sleeping bags, lighting, chairs and camping tables
- One bottle of 1,500ml of mineral water/day/person for trekking
- Two night – home-stay accommodation in Sangir, Padang Aro.
- Standard first aid kit
- Basic toilet tent
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Private porter
- Services not mentioned above
- Personal equipment
- Extra meals and drinks
This trip can be fully customized. We can also arrange trips for larger groups and can tailor them to your needs. If you are looking for a different destination or wish to create your own adventure, we would be more than happy to arrange a private, customized itinerary for you. So please do contact us with your inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp +6281219592895
Level of Difficulty: Moderate