This is probably one of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding mountain climbs in Indonesia; it’s a tough trek that will stretch your endurance to the limits. Mount Binaiya is located in Manusela National Park on the island of Seram, and is known for the high number of endemic mammals and birds. It is also the last stronghold of several critically endangered animals and plants, including the Moluccan king parrot
We’ll trek for five days through pristine forest, wade through crystal clear rivers and pass different types of vegetation, including a montane zone, which occupies almost one third of the park. Manusela’s plant life is fascinating, with mossy cloud forest and wind-stunted trees from 1,500 m. The opportunity to experience the unique Spice Islands from the Binaiya mountain trail is truly stunning!
- Mount Binaiya is the highest peak in the Moluccas and is surrounded by the lush green forest of Manusela National Park.
- Start/End: Pattimura international Airport in Ambon, Moluccas.
- Duration: 8 days, including transfer from and to airport.
- Accommodation: Camping.
- Difficulty Level: Difficult.
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE :
DAY 1 – ARRIVAL DAY, AMBON , TRANSFER TO MASOHI IN SERAM ISLAND THEN PILIANA
DAY 2 – PILIANA TO AIMOTO CAMPSITE AT MOUNT BINAIYA
DAY 3 – TREK TO ISILALI CAMPSITE
DAY 4 – TREK TO WAIFUKU CAMPSITE
DAY 5 – SUMMIT MOUNT BINAIYA THEN BACK TO AIMOTO CAMPSITE
DAY 6 – DECEND PILIANA VILLAGE
DAY 7 – ONE SPARE DAY
DAY 8 – PILIANA – MASOHI – AMBON – END OF TRIP
Price will be depending on a number of people in a group
- 8 days of HASSLE FREE ADVENTURE
- Meals and snacks
- Fit for climb’s doctor statement as required by the National Park, this is a simple medical check.
- Round-trip fast ferry ride between Ambon and Seram Island
- Round-trip overland transfers between Masohi – Sounulu and Piliana
- Airport transfers in Ambon
- One night hotel accommmodation in Masohi
- English-speaking and certified mountain guide
- Entrance fee and trekking permit to National Park. * (Please note that national parks charge higher entrance fees for foreign visitors. The trip costs will therefore be raised accordingly for our non-Indonesian guests.
- Porter services
- Camping equipment including comfortable tents, mattress, sleeping bags, lights, chairs and camping tables
- Standard first aid kit
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Services not mentioned above
- Personal equipment
- Extra meals and drinks
This trip can be fully customized. We can also arrange trips for larger groups and can tailor them to your needs. If you are looking for a different destination or wish to create your own adventure, we would be more than happy to arrange a private, customized itinerary for you. So please do contact us with your inquiries at email@example.com or WhatsApp +6281219592895