MOUNT MERAPI – MERBABU TRAIL RUNNING ADVENTURE
Selo, Boyolali, Central Java
Start/End: Wekas village in Magelang/ Selo village in Boyolali
Duration/Mileage: 1 day trail run / 28 KM
Elevation gain 2,501 m
When to go : Early March -December.
Looking for something more challenging? Then enjoy this exciting trail running adventure at Mount Merbabu (3145 m) and its neighbor Mount Merapi (2930 m). Merbabu is a dormant stratovolcano, while Merapi ranks among the world’s most active and dangerous volcanoes. The trail through these two mountains is challenging; we’ll run via a steep sand and rock path up to the last campsite at Mount Merapi and then enjoy the savanna trail at Mount Merbabu.
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE :
Day 1 – Arrive in Solo/ Yogyakarta, transfer to Wekas in Magelang.
Day 2 – Trail running to the top of Mt Merbabu – Mt Merapi then going down to Selo village, transfer back to Solo or Yogyakarta, end of trip.
- One day of hassle free trail running adventure, which include all meals, afternoon snacks, fresh fruits refreshment during trail running
- Entry permit to Mt Merbabu and Mt Merapi national park
- Round-trip transfer from SOLO/ YOGYAKARTA airport to SELO (Mount Merapi entry point)
- English-speaking trail running guides
- Welcome meal
- Porter service
- One night lodge accommodation in Selo/Wekas
TRIP EXCLUDES :
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Services not mentioned above
- Personal equipment
- Extra meals and drinks
This trip can be fully customized. We can also arrange trips for larger groups and can tailor them to your needs. If you are looking for a different destination or wish to create your own adventure, we would be more than happy to arrange a private, customized itinerary for you. So please do contact us with your inquiries at email@example.com or WhatsApp +6281219592895