Merbabu is a dormant stratovolcano located in Central Java. The spectacular views from the summit are said to be some of the best in Indonesia with many other mountains visible from the peak, as well as the lush green farmland of Boyolali and Salatiga. The best time to view this otherworldly scene is sunrise. This hike is suitable for those seeking a short and easy volcano adventure; the path to the summit is well-marked and the summit offers excellent panoramic views.
- One of the most popular mountains in Javanese culture, which views mountains as sacred and reveres them for fertile land and good harvests.
- Start/End: Adi Soemarmo International Airport in Solo or Adisutjipto International Airport in Yogyakarta.
- Duration: 2 days, including transfer from and to airport.
- Accommodation: Camping.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate.
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE:
Pick up service from Yogyakarta or Surakarta International Airport, transfer to Merbabu entry point in Selo then hike to Savanna 2 campsite. Overnight camping
Summit Mt Merbabu, afterward descend down to basecamp, then transfer back to Yogyakarta or Solo. End of trip.
- Two days of HASSLE FREE adventure
- Meals and snacks
- Overland transfers from the start to the endpoint of your adventure.
- National park entrance fees.* (Please note that national parks charge higher entrance fees for foreign visitors. The above trip costs will therefore be raised accordingly for our non-Indonesian guests.
- Standard first aid kit.
- Camping equipment, including comfortable tents, dining tent, air mattress, sleeping bags, lights, chairs and camping tables.
- English-speaking and certified mountain guides.
- Porter services.
- Basic toilet tent.
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Service that not mentioned above
- Personal equipment
- Extra meals and drinks
This trip can be fully customized. We can also arrange trips for larger groups and can tailor them to your needs. If you are looking for a different destination or wish to create your own adventure, we would be more than happy to arrange a private, customized itinerary for you. So please do contact us with your inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp +6281219592895