PRICE STARTING FROM IDR 1,900,000 PER PERSON
Halimun Salak National Park in West Java is a hidden paradise. The dense rainforest is home to protected and endangered animals, including the Lesser Malay Mouse Deer, Javan Gibbon, Javan Leaf Monkey, Ebony Leaf Monkey, Barking Deer, Panther, and Asian Wild Dog. There are about 204 species of bird, of which 90 are permanent and 35 are endemic to Java, including the Javan hawk-eagle, Spotted Crocias, and Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush.
In this 2-day, 1-night trip you can explore a well-maintained 3.8km jungle trek inside the dense forest of Halimun Salak National Park, visit a waterfall, and watch wildlife from 20-30m above the forest floor on sky bridges strung between the trees. You can also explore the village, visit paddy fields and watch sunrise from the Malasari tea plantation, where you can also find out about the process of growing tea. You’ll also have the opportunity to visit the Cikaniki rainforest ecosystem research station, and see glow-in-the-dark mushrooms at night. We’ll celebrate your evening with a bonfire party at a homestay in Citalahab village. This trip is suitable for families and seniors.
- Explore a well-maintained 3.8 km jungle trek and a canopy trail inside the dense forest of Halimun Salak National Park and observe indigenous wildlife.
- Start/End: Jakarta or Bogor.
- Duration: 2 days, including transfer from and to meeting point.
- Accommodation: Homestay.
- Difficulty Level: Easy, suitable for families and seniors.
Day 1: Jakarta – Citalahab
Pick up service at your hotel in Jakarta or Bogor. We will drive through Jagorawi toll highway, Bogor’s country side and tea plantation for 5 hours. Lunch will be provided at Citalahab homestay. After lunch, we will proceed to Cimacan waterfall, about 2 hours trekking from the homestay. Late afternoon, we will walk you around and touring the village, visiting paddy fields and interacting with local villagers. In the evening we will trek around the Cikaniki research station to see the mushroom plantation. Dinner and overnight at Citalahab homestay.
Meals: Breakfast box, Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Citalahab -Jakarta
Embrace the fabulous morning mist at Citalahab village. After breakfast we will start jungle trekking to the national park, observing indigenous wildlife including Nepenthes plant (carnivorous plant – known in Indonesia as Kantong Semar), the exotic primates Java lutung and also bird watching. This will be a half day trekking back and forth. Back to homestay for lunch, then, drive back to Jakarta.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner en route.
WHAT’S COVERED IN OUR PRICES
- Two days of HASSLE FREE adventure
- Meals and snacks.
- Overland transfers from the start to the endpoint of your adventure.
- National park entrance fees.* (Please note that national parks charge higher entrance fees for foreign visitors. The above trip costs will therefore be raised accordingly for our non-Indonesian guests.
- Standard first aid kit.
- Camping equipment, including comfortable tents, dining tent, air mattresses, sleeping bags, lights, chairs and camping tables.
- One bottle of 1,500ml of mineral water/day/person for trekking
- English-speaking and certified mountain guides.
- Porter services
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal equipment.
- Extra meals and drinks.
- Services not mentioned above.
- This itinerary is flexible and subject to change due to weather and traffic, thus the activity on the itinerary can be changed according to the situation on the field.
- Citalahab homestay provides modest facilities. Meals will be cooked by local chef and it would be traditional Indonesian food.
- We will need to leave early in the morning by at the latest 5:30 AM to beat the traffic.
This trip can be fully customized. We can also arrange trips for larger groups and can tailor them to your needs. If you are looking for a different destination or wish to create your own adventure, we would be more than happy to arrange a private, customized itinerary for you. So please do contact us with your inquiries at email@example.com or WhatsApp +62812 1959 2895