Mount Gede is one of the most favorite mountain in West Java, a good trail, excellent meadow walk along a clear path, wonderful campsite at the Edelweiss field of Suryakencana with stunning mountain range surrounding the meadow, and amazing crater and sunrise view from the top of Mount Gede.
Day 1: Jakarta – Gunung Putri – Suryakencana
Pick up service at the agreed meeting point in Jakarta at 5AM, then transfer to the entry point of Mount Gede at Gunung Putri where we’ll take the first, easy stroll of the journey. On the way to Gunung Putri, we will stop by at Mount Gede National Park’s clinic to get the – Fit for climb’s doctor statement as required by the National Park, this is a simple medical check.
From Gunung Putri gate, the track climbs steadily through agricultural land, protected forest and into the National Park. We will continue trekking until Suryakencana meadow – the edelweiss field for 5-6 hours ( 6 km trekking to the meadow). Afternoon tea will be served at campsite. Dinner and overnight at Suryakencana campsite.
Day 2: Suryakencana – Summit – Cibodas – back to Jakarta
If you want to enjoy the glorious sunrise from the top of Mount Gede, then we’ll need to leave the campsite at 5am to summit for sunrise view. Hot drink and snack will be provided. Breakfast at the summit site.
But if you want to embrace a fabulous scenery of morning mist at Suryakencana meadow then take your time, we’ll summit Mount Gede after breakfast. Afterwards we’ll be trekking down to Cibodas gate for 6 hours (9.7 km). On the way down, we’ll stop at hot spring and the Ciberuem waterfall. Then we’ll drive you back to your hotel.
• Mount Gede National Park just issued a new regulation recently that every hiker climbs Mount Gede and Mount Pangrango should get the fit for climb’s doctor statement ONLY at the national park clinic, previously we could get the doctor statement from any clinic.
• 2 days adventure, include 3 meals a day and afternoon snacks
• Round trip overland transfers from your hotel to Mount Gede
• Fit for climb’s doctor statement as required by the National Park, this is a simple medical check
• Trekking permit to National Park
• Standard first aid
• Camping equipment including tents, air mattresses, sleeping bags, lightings, chairs and camping tables
• English-speaking guide
• Porter service
• Basic toilet tent
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses
• Service that not mentioned above
• Personal equipment
• Extra meals and drinks
This trip can be fully customized. We can also arrange trips for larger groups and can tailor them to your needs. If you are looking for a different destination or wish to create your own adventure, we would be more than happy to arrange a private, customized itinerary for you. So please do contact us with your inquiries at email@example.com or WhatsApp +62812 1959 2895.