Mount Tambora Jeep Ride and Satonda Island Adventure.
Trip Summary :
- This Explore Tambora trip will take you deep into the heart of Sumbawa, one of Indonesia’s least visited islands, with breathtaking experiences for your adventurous souls.
- The trip will consist of jeep ride across beautiful savanna with its majestic scenery and animals to the peak of Mount Tambora – the mountain of which its catastrophic eruption in 1815 had contributed to world’s climate change, leaving 6 km crater as the nature wonder of Sumbawa. Be prepare to be busy with your camera, as the picturesque view of this Africa van Sumbawa will definitely too precious to be kept only in your memory
- After the safari, we will pamper your-wanderer-self with one relaxing day at Satonda Island
Start/End : Bima, Sumbawa
Duration : 5 Days including transfer from and to the airport
Accomodation: hotel, camping, resort
Difficulty Level: Easy – no physical preparations required, also suitable for family and seniors
Day 1 – Arrival day
- Welcome to Bima and the start of our adventure!
- We will pick you up at the Bima airport, then take you to the local restaurant for welcome meal
- We’ll drive you to your hotel in Dompu afterward, 2 hours drive from Bima to Dompu
Day 2 – Magnificent Savanna and Slope of Tambora
- The trip of Mount Tambora with a jeep ride, will start from local hotel in Dompu. You’ll be pick up early in the morning for 2 hours scenic drive along the coastal line of Trans Sumbawa road – to the entry point of Mt Tambora at Doro Ncanga village, where you’ll be rewarded with Sumbawa country side view and the first glimpse of Mt Tambora.
- From Doro Ncanga village the jeep will take you off the beaten path, crossing the vast and beautiful savanna where hundreds of wild horses, buffalos and cows are freely wandering around. Lunch en route
- After the savanna, the track climbs steadily through the extraordinary landscape on the slope of Mt Tambora. The jeep ride will continue until the last campsite at Post 3. 5 hours jeep ride.
- Afternoon tea will be served at campsite. Dinner and overnight at post 3 campsite.
Day 3 – Sunrise at The Tambora Crater
- If you want to enjoy the glorious sunrise from the crater rim of Mount Tambora then we have to leave the campsite at 4am to summit for sunrise view. Hot drink and snack will be provided at the summit site.
- Another option is embrace fabulous scenery of morning mist from the campsite while enjoying your breakfast
- Afterwards we’ll be driving down to Doro Ncanga, lunch will be served at Doro Ncanga village, and then continues our journey to Satonda Island. Transfer to/from Satonda island from the mainland by traditional boat (approximately 30 minutes). Overnight at Satonda Island resort
Day 4 – Explore Satonda Island
- Satonda island was formed by volcanic eruption on the sea floor at a depth of 1000 meters, and thrust upwards some millions of years ago. This charming island is located in the Flores Sea and is administratively part of the Nangamiro Village area, in the district of Dompu, in the province of West Nusa Tenggara .
- Hill trekking to the photo spot location
- After lunchtime we’ll go back to the mainland then continue drive to your hotel in Dompu. Overnight at hotel Rinjani in Dompu.
Day 5 – We’ll drive you back to Bima airport. End of trip.
- 5 days adventure, include 3 meals a day and afternoon snacks
- Roundtrip overland transfers from your hotel to Bima airport
- All hotel accommodation according to the program
- Jeep ride
- Boat transfer
- Trekking permit to National Park
- Standard first aid
- Camping equipment including tents, air mattresses, sleeping bags, lightings, chairs and camping tables
- Guide and porter services
- Basic toilet tent
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Service that not mentioned above
- Personal equipment
- Extra meals and drinks
This trip can be fully customized. We can also arrange trips for larger groups and can tailor them to your needs. If you are looking for a different destination or wish to create your own adventure, we would be more than happy to arrange a private, customized itinerary for you. So please do contact us with your inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp +62812 1959 2895